Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Call me RSSable

I have been using Real Simple Syndication (RSS) for a few years now. How has RSS changed my practice? Why do I keep using it?

In a nutshell RSS has become a window into my Personal Learning Network (PLN). Here is where I go to read the news from the sources I like to follow, read blogs that I like to follow, etc. It's changed my daily practice because RSS provides me with a one-stop shop for the type of information that I like to consume and contribute to. That's why I keep using it. I can't think of any downside to it.









I use RSS every day. How about you? Is RSS an integral part of your PLN?

2 comments:

AllisonGregg said...

Hello!

I am looking forward to being involved with PLP this year! Before having to complete these plays, I had never used RSS. I absolutely enjoy using RSS and it is great for finding useful information quick!

Mrs. Hughes said...

This is my first experience with PLP . It is all very new to me, but I can see the benefits of using RSS. I am just getting myself familiarized with how it works.